Access Direct to Detailed-View via Browser App

I often use the browser based App, as entering data into it is very convenient vs a phone/tablet. I noticed that after the URL and App name, is URL encoded get request data indicating which view to load, how to sort, etc. Such as the following:

&group=%5B%7B"Column"%3A"Pick-up+Location"%2C"Order"%3A"Ascending"%7D%2C%7B"Column"%3A"Pick-up+Date+Display+Text"%2C"Order"%3A"Ascending"%7D%2C%7B"Column"%3A"Quantity"%2C"Order"%3A"Ascending"%7D%2C%7B"Column"%3A"_RowNumber"%2C"Order"%3A"Ascending"%7D%5D&page=fastTable&sort=%5B%7B"Column"%3A"Quantity"%2C"Order"%3A"Descending"%7D%2C%7B"Column"%3A"Notes+Sort+Order"%2C"Order"%3A"Descending"%7D%2C%7B"Column"%3A"Customer+Name"%2C"Order"%3A"Ascending"%7D%5D&table=Next+Orders&view=NEXT+Unfulfilled

What Iโ€™m wondering is whether I could formulate a GET request via URL-encoded data to open directly to a detailed view of a table row, based on matching a data field in the row (in my case an Order Id). Thanks!

0 11 570
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Yep!

See also:

Thanks Steve, Iโ€™ll take a look! I had an inkling that Deep Links was related to this.

@Steve et al, is it possible to construct a Deep Link without the table key? In my case, I donโ€™t have the key, but I have a value of a different column (which is also unique)?

You can easily use the unique value of the other column to get that rowโ€™s key,which you can then use in the deep link:

ANY(
  FILTER(
    "My Table",
    ([_THISROW].[column of this row] = [different column which is also unique])
  )
)

Use that expression as the target of the deep link:

LINKTOROW(
  ANY(
    FILTER(
      "My Table",
      ([_THISROW].[column of this row] = [different column which is also unique])
    )
  ),
  "My View"
)

@Steve right, of course! Thank you. Sorry, this was a bit obvious.

@Steve Follow up question: can I construct a manual deep link without a table key? In my case, as per the original post, Iโ€™m looking to construct a URL which will allow me a direct link (via the browser App) to a detailed view of a table row. Iโ€™m assuming this is not possible, and that Iโ€™d have to construct the link within Appsheet, correct? Please let me know if this question is unclear. Thanks!

I just told you how, and you thanked me for it. Iโ€™m confused.

@Steve Right, let me clarify! You indicated how to construct a deep link (without a table key) from within the App, by running App functions (LINKTOROW with FILTER), which is helpful to me.

What Iโ€™m asking in the 2nd question is whether itโ€™s possible to manually construct a DEEP link URL from entirely outside the App (not running an App function), if I donโ€™t know the table row key.

Does that make sense? Thanks!

Yes, the key is in the URL. you can find a sting with โ€œrow=โ€

If you donโ€™t know the row key, no, itโ€™s not possible, at least to my knowledge.

@Steve Alright, I suspected this was the case. Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space