"Action 3" appears in App actions but not in behavior > actions

Pia

I have four system generated actions that I see and can edit in behaviors. In the app on records appears: URL, edit, and a mysterious Action 3 which does nothing. I set Delete to hidden. I canโ€™t edit or delete Action 3. What to do? Thank you!

0 16 279
16 REPLIES 16

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Pia

Welcome to the community !

System actions cannot be deleted, just hidden.
If you want to control update access on table, you can make it here:

Can you share a screenshot of this one ?

Thank you, Aurelian.

App Deployed

Asa new user I can only embed one media per post, will do second post.

So, I successfully hid Delete in Behavior > Action, but, as you can see, โ€œAction 3โ€ is not represented there. I will follow your lead to Data > Tablesโ€ฆ

Hello! Try this: in the โ€œgrant_opportunitiesโ€ view editor, in the card view edit, select the three vertical dots and the three options will appear (open url, Edit and โ€œAction 3โ€). Select โ€œAction 3โ€ and assign it an action (it can be edit or delete or any other) and then assign the value โ€œNoneโ€ to the same action.
This is a bug of the editor that even if you donโ€™t assign an action to it, it will show you that โ€œAction 3โ€ thing. When you select โ€œnoneโ€ it will disappear.

Thatโ€™s the thing - selecting Action 3 results in nothing.

This is because in that mini menu you can only choose 3 actions, but if those options are โ€œblankโ€, then sometimes the editor computes the blank options and displays them. There are no โ€œAction 1โ€, โ€œAction 2โ€ and โ€œAction 3โ€, rather they are a kind of Slot to manually place other actions, whether from the system or created.

I didnโ€™t think about that option.
I learnt something today
Thanks !

Okay, so, I use iPad Pro 11". Does that have anything to do with the mini view? How would I make the options blank? And, do I want them blank? Scratching my headโ€ฆ

Do this: go to UX, find the view of your table that is causing you problems, go to the editor of the โ€œAka Layautโ€ view, click on the three vertical dots and you will see the 3 options. Select option 3 (Action 3) and in โ€œOn Clickโ€ select an option other than โ€œNoneโ€. After this select the option โ€œNoneโ€. Any other first, then โ€œNoneโ€. Then the option will disappear from your application.

Pia

Aurelian,

EDIT Behavior > Action

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

On this last panel, can you share screenshot of the action 3 ?

itโ€™s above in first reply to you. I have all the same settings as yr example in data > tables.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

I meant: in the app editor

both are above and thereโ€™s this search result in behavior > action

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Wow, weird !!!
Never seen that before, I thought you were missing some information, for any reason.

Well, itโ€™s clearly a bug. I suggest you contact Support here:
https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Okay! Thanks, some kinda ghost there, will send this to Bugs, much appreciated!

I know it is confusing and that maybe I am not expressing myself well (my native language is Spanish), but it is also true that this topic is a โ€œmini bugโ€ of the Appsheet editor, so the Appsheet developers should also take a look .

Top Labels in this Space