Action: Append list with value by setting values of a column

Anyone have any luck with using the “set values of column” to do append an existing comma delimited list in a column?

Table 1 contains:
Column A, an enum list type column
string1,string2,string3

Action: [Column A] = string4 + [Column A]

Expected result:

Column A
string1,string2,string3,string4

Any problems with running this action? I have not been successful.

0 8 1,355
8 REPLIES 8

Bahbus

Try:

SPLIT(CONCATENATE([Column A], string4), ",")

string4 will have to have the comma added already, or you could add it in the CONCATENATE. But this should get it back into List form for the Enum.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try:

([Column A] + LIST(string4))

This is working. I have a question. is there a way to add only the append value once ? It keeps on adding when the action is fired. I just want it to be updated once per user. I use a condition like this

isblank(in(useremail(),list([Seen users]))) Its not working for me.

Try:

([Column A] + LIST(string4) - LIST(""))

Thanks @Steve. This works!

I used another way that looks like this
not(([Column A] + LIST(string4))

and this works perfect too.

Thanks. I get a very strange phenomena when I use [Column A] + LIST(string4)

As I progressively append this list using the action and add strings together, my delimiter becomes longer and longer. I preset [Column A] delimiter as a single comma (,) but this happens:

B-qvgqp516,B-xgvwjrpj , B-b02xkvdd , B-0mv87xig

If the formatting is important in any way, my suggestion might eliminate it.

Thank you, @Bahbus your expression did not result in the expansion of the delimiter.

So I was trying to append a string from the key column of Table 1 onto the existing enumlist of strings in Column A of Table 2.

I had to use 1 grouped action of two different actions: namely marking the key column on Table 1 using the action type “Data: set the values of some columns in this row” and sending a signal to Table 2 using the action type “Data: execute an action on a set of rows” with the reference action type “Data: set the values of some columns in this row”

Reference action on Table 2 for Column A:

SPLIT(
CONCATENATE(
LIST(MAXROW(“Table 1”,“Last Updated”,[Last Profile] = UserSettings(“Profile”))
),
“,”,
CONCATENATE([Column A])
),
“,”)

Now that it works, I have to figure out why it is executing so slow. I press the button, and the app freezes for 4 seconds.

Top Labels in this Space