Action button in bottom menu

Phil_Waite
Participant V

Hi,

I would like to go straight to a view from a menu button. I can do this from an action button in a detail view but how do I go to a view by clicking on a menu button at the bottom of the page?

I have a view for a call list but want to create a short cut from “My call list” as shown in the pic.

thank you

Solved Solved
0 10 1,665
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Austin
Participant V

Just an aside to you original thing, you can put every view in the main view section as “left” and hide certain views based on user instead of a linktoview(“users view”) and have all views display name be “My Call List”. I use this for app where I have a mobile and desktop version that may or may not want to be used on the other platform. I put the appropriate version in the main view and the other version in the menu and hide the views based on device type.

For your overall purpose I suggest Steve’s option much MUCH more but this is good for like 2-3 different views that you wish to display in the main view section on a per user/per other situation basis.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Steve
Participant V

What’s preventing you from doing it?

Clicking “My Call List” takes me to the “My Call List” view which is a deck view. How do I redirect it to the other view that I want with LINKTOVIEW(“Custom Call List 5”)

thanks

You could remove the current My Call List view entirely and rename Custom Call List 5 to My Call List?

Hi Steve,

Unfortunatly not as there are different views for each user.

There is view in the menu where each user creates a call list for themselves based on USEREMAIL(). The short cut is to take them to the relevant call list quickly. I was going to use an expression IF() USEREMAIL() is bob@whatever.com then go to custom call list 5 etc.

Thanks

Phil

I have attached a pic of the detail view showing how the call list is created with a button to take the user to the correct list. I have configured it this way so all users can see each others and head of sales can determine other peoples lists.

the expression for each list is

OR(AND(IN( [County], SELECT( User Assign Details[Counties To Include], [Unique Id] =“Call List 5” ) ),IN( [Outlet Rating], SELECT( User Assign Details[Outlet Rating], [Unique Id] =“Call List 5”)),

IN( [Price List], SELECT( User Assign Details[Price Band], [Unique Id] =“Call List 5”)),

[Next Call]>TODAY()-200,

OR(
[Assign Outlet to User]=USEREMAIL(),[Assign Outlet to User]="",[Assign Outlet to User]=“NONE”)),

AND([Assign Outlet to User]=USEREMAIL(),[Next Call]>TODAY()-200))

I can change the “my Call list” slice to the same but based on USREMAIL() but everytime I cange the call list expresssion I have to rfigure out how to get the same exact result but with the current USEREMAIL()

Th is is what I had in the My call List Slice but it didn’t result in the the same slice. I thought it would be easier to just redirect to the other one.

OR(

AND(IN( [County], SELECT( User Assign Details[Counties To Include], [User Id] =USEREMAIL() ) ),

IN( [Outlet Rating], SELECT( User Assign Details[Outlet Rating], [User Id] =USEREMAIL())),

[Next Call]>TODAY()-200),

AND([Assign Outlet to User]=USEREMAIL(),[Assign Outlet to User]="",[Assign Outlet to User]=“NONE”,

[Assign Outlet to User]=USEREMAIL(),[Next Call]>TODAY()-200))

thank

Phil

My suggestion is this:

• Create a deck or table view on top of the Full List table table. Group by Unique Id, then by _ROWNUMBER. This view gives everyone visibility to all other lists. Put this view in the main menu.

• Use a slice for just the current user’s list. Put this view in the bottom navigation bar.

Let’s get this out of the way: you can’t put actions in the bottom navigation bar or in the main menu.

The typical way to accomplish a custom list like you appear to want is with a view to a slice.

Thanks Steve,

I’ve actually copied and pasted my old slice and edited it and it works now.

Thankyou

Austin
Participant V

Just an aside to you original thing, you can put every view in the main view section as “left” and hide certain views based on user instead of a linktoview(“users view”) and have all views display name be “My Call List”. I use this for app where I have a mobile and desktop version that may or may not want to be used on the other platform. I put the appropriate version in the main view and the other version in the menu and hide the views based on device type.

For your overall purpose I suggest Steve’s option much MUCH more but this is good for like 2-3 different views that you wish to display in the main view section on a per user/per other situation basis.

Phil_Waite
Participant V

Hi Austin,

That worked great. Thank you

Phil

Top Labels in this Space