Action not triggering for condition

I have a detail screen where users can select an item from the inline view and the system should either open a LINKTO FORM screen or a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW screen based on a condition.

The inline view has a grouped event action in place when the row is selected and within the grouped action is of course the 2 conditional actions:

When I test the conditions, I can see the data in โ€œreceipts_for_pastdayโ€ meets the condition for Conditional Action 2 (open_receipt_fr_route) but the system continues to trigger action 1.

Is there something Iโ€™m missing in the condition?

Conditional action 1:

Conditional action 2 - open_receipt_fr_route:

receipts_for_pastday data:

Solved Solved
0 7 144
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @Marc_Dillon Marc and @Suvrutt_Gurjar. Since LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW is used for table views I had to switch to LINKTOROW in order to display a Detail View.

Here are final โ€œworkingโ€ expressions for community reference:

Target:
LINKTOROW(
LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Truck Number],โ€œreceipts_for_pastdayโ€,โ€œTruck Numberโ€,โ€œreceiving_idโ€),
โ€œReceiving Detailโ€)

Condition:
LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Truck Number],โ€œreceipts_for_pastdayโ€,โ€œTruck Numberโ€,โ€œStatusโ€)=โ€œIN_PROGRESSโ€

Thanks again!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

It sounds that the actions are on the โ€œRoutesโ€ table and LOOKUP() is getting data from the โ€œreceipts_for_pastdayโ€ table.

So does adding [_THISROW].[Truck Number] instead of only [Truck Number] in teh first argument of LOOKUP() in both the actions help?

Thanks Suvrutt, will give it a try.

It worked! Also added [_THISROW] to the target as well.

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œReceiving Detailโ€, [_THISROW].[Truck Number] = [Truck Number])

Hereโ€™s the issue though: The filter should apply to a particular slice and not the entire table the view is based on. Is there a way to apply a slice to the [Truck Number] on the end. Something like:

Yes, you can use slice-name[column], just the same as table[column]. You just need to use IN() in this case here.

Thanks @Marc_Dillon Marc and @Suvrutt_Gurjar. Since LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW is used for table views I had to switch to LINKTOROW in order to display a Detail View.

Here are final โ€œworkingโ€ expressions for community reference:

Target:
LINKTOROW(
LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Truck Number],โ€œreceipts_for_pastdayโ€,โ€œTruck Numberโ€,โ€œreceiving_idโ€),
โ€œReceiving Detailโ€)

Condition:
LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Truck Number],โ€œreceipts_for_pastdayโ€,โ€œTruck Numberโ€,โ€œStatusโ€)=โ€œIN_PROGRESSโ€

Thanks again!!

Also, you should be able to do this with just one Action.

IF(
  x ,
  LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() ,
  LINKTOFORM()
)

Nice! Didnโ€™t know this would work - Iโ€™ll give it a try as well. Thanks Marc!

Top Labels in this Space