Action not working correctly in Premium plan

I have been using an action to capitalize license plate entries, as advised by Aleksi. All entries need to be capitals in order to count the duplicate entries, which is the most critical aspect of the app. The AppSheet group aggregate COUNT does not aggregate same license plates if some are lower case and others are upper case.

This always works in my Publisher PRO plan apps. But it often creates duplicate entries in my Premium plan app. The duplicates are most often not consecutive in the database. No workflow is being used. Are actions that โ€œset values of some columns in a rowโ€ functioning in Premium plans? There are no warnings shown in the config interface to this effect.

Thanks
Bob

0 3 283
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I encourage you to engage support@appsheet.com. This sounds like a bug.

We figured out this was related to row number keys. In general if users are creating records and then editing them without a sync in between (as is the case with a form-saved action updating the new record immediately), apps with row number keys will be susceptible to this problem. When the add record is synced it may end up with a new row number due to the local number of rows on the device being out of sync with the data source. When the update record is synced it will still refer to the original row number and will end up overwriting a different unrelated row.

To avoid this problem in the future the solution Adam had was to create a virtual column computed key combining 2 inputs - timestamp and name. It was simple to do. Just set the both of the two columns you want to combine to KEY and AppSheet automatically creates a virtual column key.

Thanks Adam!

Bob

Top Labels in this Space