Action: Set the value of a column in google calendar from another data table

I am trying to integrate a google calendar to function primarily as view only for users while changes to the calendar get made using Appsheet. For my first action, I want to use a room request form that contains date and time information (as well as other information) to automatically change an open date on google calendar to requested. I know I could just use Appsheetโ€™s calendar but the problem I am having with it, is that it does not seem to allow me to create โ€œopenโ€ dates for rooms without a lot of work on the setup of the data table. I would also need to have the ability to move a scheduled date back to open.

0 6 788
6 REPLIES 6

I should note that when I say"open" or โ€œscheduledโ€ I am really just talking about changing the text of the [Subject] column in the google calendar

tony1

Hi @psfulgham, welcome to the AppSheet community!

Can you pre-populate your calendar with โ€œopenโ€ events, and then have the user edit those existing events instead of creating new ones?

I did populate the google calendar as advised with open dates. The problem with just editing those dates is that google calendar works great as a calendar but poorly to capture the other data needed as it only gives you a few fields. I am trying to keep it from requiring us keep the google calendar synced with the app manually, essentially double entering dates, bookings, etc.

tony1

I may have misunderstood. Have you looked at data change actions, like in this app?

So here is what I am trying to do:
1.) Go to view that shows availability of rooms which is data from a Google Calendar.
2.) Select a OPEN date in the โ€œAVAILABILITYโ€ view that then takes you to a REQUEST FORM view
(I have these two steps figured out)
3.) On the action to the Request Form view it would be best to have the dates populate in the โ€œREQUEST FORMโ€ view from the google calendar [START] AND [END].
4.) When form completes a action is triggered to change the data in the Google Calendar to where the [Subject Line] is changed from OPEN to the name of booking which is a data column in the Request Form.

tony1

@psfulgham You might be able to do (3) with a deep link action and a LINKTOFORM formula. https://help.appsheet.com/expressions/functions/linktoform

You might be able to do (4) by modifying the โ€œForm Savedโ€ behavior on your form view. https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/actions/view-events

Top Labels in this Space