Action that’s sets here()

Hi everyone,

I’ve set up an action that saves user location with here() function whenever they press the action button.
Everything is working although about 60% of the times the location is not precise. Sometimes a few blocks awayX some other times a continent away: I.e. Africa.

I guess the device that have enough time to get the actual location.
Is there a way to make the action slower so that the location is more precise?
Any workaround for this?

Thanks!

0 3 104
3 REPLIES 3

I wonder if you could try this. Instead of having the action set the column value, have the action forward the user to a form view. Then give the location column a reset_on_edit and initial value expression to populate HERE() only in that form, using CONTEXT(“View”). This maybe gives a little extra time for the location data retrieval? The form could just be a simple “click save to continue” sort of thing.

Thanks @Marc, this is also a great idea. It should work for most cases, although not in my specific case I believe.

Im working on an inspection form, which is actually “detail view” with actions that set Yes/No to the columns. Some of this actions have hidden sub-actions, such as location here() and timedate.

This way the supervisor can tell if the work was done in time, and also if the employee was at the right place when the action was triggered.

I believe sending employees out of the detail view to a form and back could be a little confusing. What do you think?

If you dress it up well, I think it should look mostly seamless. I understand what you mean though, and only suggested it because I had no other idea.

Top Labels in this Space