Action to change data of child to parent

Hi all,

I have a table of “orders” and another of “payments of the order”, the table “orders” has a column called “balance” (this column has an appformula) and another called “counter”, how can I do an action that is run each time you add a record to the “order payments” table and even the “counter” in the “orders” table (this is done to update the “balance” column that has an appformula). I tried to do it with a webhook / Change data, but I can only execute actions from the “order payments” table, but in this case I would need to execute an action in the “orders” table. It’s something similar to the action: “execute an action on a set of rows”, but from children to father.

You are on the right track.

Each child has the Parent ID which you can use to select the Parent record.

In the Action “execute an action on a set of rows”, you have the Referenced Table, Rows and Action.

• Table = Parent Table
  • Rows = FILTER(“Parent Table”, [Parent ID Column] = [Childs Parent ID Column])
  • Action = action on Parent table that performs the calculation an updates parent

There obviously are some details left out. Please repost if you have more questions.

1 Like

yes, now it works :smiley::+1:

thankssssssss