Action to generate Calendar Event - 'End' field bug?

NPKyle

Hello everyone!

Context:
The app I am working on calculates dates for particular events based on input from the user then automatically creates corresponding events in a google calendar.

Problem:
I am trying to get to the bottom of an issue Iโ€™m experiencing with the Action that generates a new row to my gCal table.

The expression I use in the โ€˜Startโ€™ column is: DATETIME({Date})+ โ€œ007:00:00โ€
The expression I am trying to use in the โ€˜Endโ€™ column is: DATETIME({Date})+ โ€œ008:00:00โ€
However, a new event is not generated whenever I use this expression in the โ€˜Endโ€™ column!

When I switch the โ€˜Endโ€™ column expression to simply: NOW(), the calendar event is generated correctly.

As a workaround I tried to set the โ€˜Endโ€™ column formula as [START] + โ€œ001:00:00โ€
โ€ฆ which didnโ€™t work either.

Any help getting to the bottom of this is greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Kyle C.

0 8 357
8 REPLIES 8

My testing showed that in a similar set up it works as expected.

Could you confirm the [Prep] column is date type.

NPKyle

Hi, thanks for the response.

Yes, I confirmed that column type of [Prep] is a date.

When I use the expression with [Prep] in the โ€˜Startโ€™ column it works perfectly fine. Its only when that expression is used in the โ€˜Endโ€™ column that the action fails and the row on my calendar table is never added. As soon as I remove the expression from the โ€˜Endโ€™ column, leaving it only in the โ€˜Startโ€™ column, the action executes and a new row is added.

Thanks for your time,
Kyle C.

Hi,

Thank you for confirming.

I believe it is some peculiar setting that could be causing a challenge. As I mentioned, principally it is working with the following setting when I tested. [Customer Since] is a date type colum.

So principally, it does not appear to be a bug with settings at least.

Can you please confirm that the action you re-created executes successfully and adds a new event to the calendar?
The expression assistant is also showing me that my expression is formatted correctly, and when testing it produces the correct outcomes.
3X_4_a_4ab212321ff1371ce461bb1bead7ae7501b1ce7a.png

I do not understand what, if any, setting could be causing the action to fail however.

Yes, I confirmed that the action works and adds rows to the calendar.

Your test expression appears to be [Prep]+โ€œ008:00:00โ€. You also confirmed that [Prep] is a date type column.

If so, could you try with the expression DATETIME([Prep])+โ€œ008:00:00โ€ as suggested earlier instead of [Prep]+โ€œ008:00:00โ€

NPKyle

Hmmm, well I am running out of ideas. I have confirmed that the [Prep] column is a date column, and even wrapped the expression with DATETIME() like you suggested but nothing is working.

I have even tried creating a Datetime virtual column [Prep end] that calculates the expression [prep]+โ€œ008:00:00โ€, and then simply using the [prep end] column to populate the row in the action, but it STILL isnโ€™t working.

As soon as I take out the expression, or any of my date columns, the action executes and a calendar event is created.

Thank you for the response, I appreciate your time helping me.
-Kyle

Oh okay thank you for the update. I am afraid, I may not have any more suggestions as it works for me with or without datetime format. You may wish to request help from AppSheet support team. (support@appsheet.com) or someone else.

Will request you to post solution after you get it, for the benefit of other community members.

I just reached out to the support team for assistance, I will post back here with the details.

Thank you again for your time Suvrutt_Gurjar,
-Kyle C

Top Labels in this Space