Unfortunately, there is native “download file” type of function for the moment.
Instead, what I do now -
- Create filed called [Trigger] and initial value set to 0
- set action to add 1 on this field.
- set workflow to be fired by UPDATE of this field.
- workflow will save (archive) the file onto cloud storage.
- Set the virtual column to construct the URL to this PDF file.
- This URL data filed is made hidden by default (in case of [Trigger] is equal with zero.
- Once the action is fired, workflow is triggered and generate PDF on the backend.
It takes a while till workflow complete the jobs, but once being done, when user click the URL it will display the output file.
Without visiting email, the user could access to the worflow output within Appsheet app.
This is not complete download file experience, but give kinda of similar experiences to my app users.
just for your guidance.