Action to go to another view not working

adambc

Hello,

I am trying to link to another slice within my App when a user clicks on a row. I have setup an Action to do this. However, when clicking on the row a blank screen is shown instead of linking to the slice as expected. I have included a screenshot of the task that is setup. I was hoping someone would be able to provide some insight on this. I had followed the instructions from https://intercom.help/appsheet/data/columns/app-column-type-deep-link

1X_6ff8240cd75e084f68a75b55817dfcedca6ff937.png

0 4 1,740
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

It appears to me that youโ€™re trying to link to the destination row using the RowNumber. The syntax (from the instructions) is using the table key to link to.

Perhaps try

LINKTOROW([KeyValue],โ€œDestination Table Nameโ€)

I donโ€™t see anything obviously wrong with your formulaโ€ฆ It is of the same form as AppSheets example formula:

LINKTOROW([Order Detail ID], "Order Details")

Maybe verify that [_RowNumber] is your primary key? (This is a bad choice for a primary key, by the way). Alternatively, if the view โ€˜Edit Taskโ€™ is a Form view, you might try:

LINKTOFORM("Edit Task","PRIMARY_KEY_COLUMN",[_RowNumber])

The above will link to your form and prefill the PRIMARY_KEY_COLUMN with the [_RowNumber] of the row you clicked. However, I am really unsure of how this will function in practice as AppSheet handles [_RowNumber] weirdly.

Otherwise, in my applications I have always manually constructed my deep links ( when I started the short-form options didnt exist).

You might try something like:
CONCATENATE("#view=Edit Task&row=", ENCODEURL([_RowNumber]))

In the initial view, where a row is selected, have you set the event action to this โ€œEnd Taskโ€? Itโ€™s under UX > View > (Your View) > Behavior

adambc

Thank you all. I have found the issue after reading your suggestions and thinking this through. The problem was โ€œEdit Taskโ€ was a slice without any UX View created for it. I created a new UX View of type โ€œRefโ€ that has โ€œEdit Taskโ€ as itโ€™s source and then referred to this in the action target.

Top Labels in this Space