Action to LINKTOFORM not taking the right KEY value

Hi!
I had a parent tables with 2 child tables.
When the user opens to complete the form of the parent table and finish completing, I create and action at parent table, that shows a special detail view, where this action is shown, so the user can click the button and opens the first child form pulling the KEY value from the parent FORM that they just completed, they complete the FORM of this first child table, and then it show a similar DETAIL view with a similar action that opens the form of the second child table, that supposses to get the KEY value from the parent table.

Action 1:
Parent table
App: go to another view within this app
Target: LINKTOFORM(โ€œForm_Eval_Pro_Inter_Formโ€ , โ€œDt_Form_Pdv3โ€ ,[_THISROW].[Dt_Form_Pdv])
Behavior: CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œActionDetailFormProInterโ€

And this first child action works fine, but the second action for the second child table is not gettin the KEY from the parent table, is taking the KEY from the previous ROW form the parent table.

Action 2:
Parent table
App: go to another view within this app
Target: LINKTOFORM(โ€œForm_Medic_Cobertura_Formโ€ , โ€œDtFormPdv2โ€ ,[_THISROW].[Dt_Form_Pdv])
Behavior: CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œActionDetailFormMedicCobertโ€

What am I missing?

0 11 549
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Donโ€™t use [_THISROW]. in LINKTOFORM() expressions.

I try first with this expression and then add it [_THISROW] because it was causing the same issue.
This was the expressions before:
Action 1:
LINKTOFORM(โ€œForm_Eval_Pro_Inter_Formโ€ , โ€œDt_Form_Pdv3โ€ ,[Dt_Form_Pdv])
and
Action 2:
LINKTOFORM(โ€œForm_Medic_Cobertura_Formโ€ , โ€œDtFormPdv2โ€ ,[Dt_Form_Pdv])

With those I have the same issue with the KEY parent table

Please post screenshots of the configurations of the two actions.

This is how I have them right now.

Those look good.

Please post screenshots of the configurations of the views that display each of those two actions.

Slices:

Views:

I am very confused.

How does all this happen? What views? What tables or slices? What actions?

Did the video help?

Unfortunately, the video did not help me. I think this problem will require someone look at your app configuration directly, which Iโ€™m not prepared to do. Consider engaging Supportโ€“they may be able to help.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

I did, thanks!

This will help to a better understanding

Top Labels in this Space