Action to run workflow

hcquadros
Participant IV

An action to run an workflow, like to generate a report.

Now it is possible to do that indirectly: I can create a “generate” collumn, an action to add 1 to this collumn and an workflow that runs on “generate” collumn update.

The problem on this is that I have to make changes on the database just for this action. Changes on the databse simply for these purposes makes the database not clean.

Status Not Planned
27 9 1,021
9 Comments
Aleksi
Staff

Better option is to use DateTime field and write the value NOW() and that value would have a meaning.

hcquadros
Participant IV

Yes, there are many options for this. But I haven’t found a way to do that without changes on the database.

Workflow always run on update, add or delete of rows. But sometimes I don’t want any changes on the row (i.e. send a report of this row by e-mail). For an workaround, I always need: 1. An extra collumn on to database to be updated; 2. An action to change this collumn; 3. An workflow to run upon update on this collumn.

I’d like to be able do that without changes on the database. Something like: 1. Action to run workflow; 2. Run workflow.

retailpartnerco
Participant V

I know this is an old conversation, but this would be helpful.

Aleksi
Staff

I do agree but unfortunately we don’t have this feature yet.

School_Bus
Participant V

Come on… make it happen… pretty please…

Marc_Dillon
Participant V

Yes, please.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Not Planned
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

DutchToDawn
Observer

Now we're in 2023, and I also like to see this added! Allow us to start an automation/trigger a bot in an action 🙏