Action to update a record in another table

I’m making progress on my inspection app, but am stuck on trying to set up a behavior. I have individual tables for each department where inspections are recorded. I also have a table that lists the departments. In the department table I have a column “Last Inspection”. When a record is added to the inspection table for a department I would like the corresponding “Last Inspection” date updated in the departments table. Is there a way to do this?

0 7 543
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Sure!

1. For the departments table, create an action that updates the department’s Last Inspection column.

2. In the inspections table, create an action that invokes the action (1) for the appropriate department.

3. Set the action (2) as the Form Saved event action of the inspection table’s form view.

I’m sorry, can you be more specific? I’m new.

1, What should the value you be? NOW() ?

1. Do this = ?

Yes, I read that article. But I still need help, that’s why I’m posting here. Not because I’m lonely and looking to strike up conversation with random strangers on the Appsheet forum.

“For the departments table, create an action that updates the department’s Last Inspection column.” How do I point it to the specific row I want updated?

“In the inspections table, create an action that invokes the action (1) for the appropriate department.”
Why is there any action to be taken on the inspection table?

OK, I got it. This is the article that explains it:

# Changing Data from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report

Hi @Mike_Wrob If you still need help, I posted a demo app in my portfolio Trucks WF . Full instructions are i the info tab. You may copy it if you would like to check it out.

https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/129805

Hi @Lynn, this is very helpful thank you!

Top Labels in this Space