In my attempt to optimize my apps , today I replaced some spreasheet formula with an appsheet action button, to write in a parent column the sum of a child table column (set values in this row) , something like
When testing the formula, results were perfect in testing page.
When using the action, it wrote 0 in my spreasheet.
I rewrote the action using select instead of child referencing
[ParentColumnSum]=sum(select(etc…)) , and it works just fine.
There were no slices, no security filters, so my question/curiosity is why the first version of action tested correctly but wrote zero in spreasheet.
Thank you for helping me understand