Actions Linked to a Column

I have a table with a column called Actions and I use this column to display Actions.

I have 4 Actions linked to the Column which send notofications in Microsoft Teams to various people depending on the Status of the Order

Requested, Approved, Ordered, Cancelled

When Status is Orderd or Cancelled there are no Actions to show.
I want to hide the Actions column if Status =Canceled or Ordered.

But, this doesnโ€™t work, any sugesstions welcome please.

3X_e_1_e1f23c48c0cb42c002618ddff52fc22b4616927a.jpeg

3X_4_f_4f3e27ccff556d1d10aa0c67c895c9c4e15e8809.jpeg

0 15 167
15 REPLIES 15

Steve
Participant V

Your logic is wrong. Try this instead:

AND(
  ("Ordered" <> [Material Status]),
  ("Cancelled" <> [Material Status])
)

or:

NOT(
  OR(
    ("Ordered" = [Material Status]),
    ("Cancelled" = [Material Status])
  )
)

or:

NOT(
  IN(
    [Material Status],
    {"Ordered", "Cancelled"}
  )
)

Thanks @Steve. i have tried all of these but column is still showing.

I found a typo in two of them, which Iโ€™ve corrected. Please try the corrected expressions.

I did notice these and had removed those brackets when I tried them first.

They still didnt work @Steve

What does the Test button in Expression Assistant tell you?

Hmmmโ€ฆ So the expression works, but the actions arenโ€™t hidden. Instead, youโ€™re probably going to have to hide the actions individually using each actionโ€™s Only if this condition is true setting.

I already have expressions in the Actions to hide them which work but when there are no Actions showing, the actual column still shows

Could you update if you wish to hide that Action column in table view for those rows with [Matrerial Status=โ€œOrderedโ€ or โ€œCancelledโ€

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do @Suvrutt_Gurjar

Thank you. Then if I have understood your requirement correctly, I believe it is not possible in summary view such as table view.

I believe conditional Show_if conditions on columns may not work in summary views because there will be some rows that may need to show such columns. So hiding it for some rows and showing for others cannot happen in a table view. I believe in table view, it is Show column for all rows or none.

Thatโ€™a a pity. It takes up so much room on an inline view. Maybe if we ever get a wider screen on desktops it wonโ€™t matter as we can then see more of the data without having to scroll on each row.

I think it is by the nature of the multirow table view where conflicting conditions on one column are ignored for valid reason. I believe is like in Excel or GSheet , where we can hide a column or show it. We have filter expressions for rows but not columns.

One option may be to have slice based on that columns show if conditions and hide that column in summary view based on the slice with

OR(
(โ€œOrderedโ€ = [Material Status]),
(โ€œCancelledโ€ = [Material Status])

Of course in all app designs, it may not be advisabl,e if users have to browse two different views just so as not to see one column.

thanks for your reply @Suvrutt_Gurjar

Top Labels in this Space