Actions to create and fill in a related record

I have a table of elements and a table of inspections. If the item has everything OK, I want to do it quickly. What actions do I need?
Table of inspections:

• Action 1: Create row
  • Action 2: update the id value of the element table
  • Action 3: update the OK value in field 1
  • Action 4: update the OK value in field 2
  • Action 5: action 1 + 2+ 3+ 4

Table of elements:

• How do I configure the use of action5 if there is no row?

Thank you

0 8 633
8 REPLIES 8

MultiTech
Participant V

Check out this article on LINKTOFORM(), it will allow you to create a new record and set values to what you wish.

Ok, thank you.
But LINKTOFORM opens the form with the uploaded data and I donโ€™t want to open the form. I just want to enter the data. Can you configure it so that it does not open the form and only enter the data?

Seems this is a very in-demand thing all of the sudden.

Yes, of courseโ€ฆ I already had it as action 1 but then I donโ€™t know how to enter the data to the new record because I know how to point to the new record. If it worked as LINKTOVIEW and you could pass data to the new record directly it would be perfect.
Letโ€™s see if thereโ€™s anything else we can do to get that.

did it happen? I am looking for it

2X_3_3e0eb8d910ce0763d8f8170f6802219f743bf9cf.png

Hi Steve

I am having trouble using โ€œAdd a new row to another table using values from this row.โ€

I want to be able to create a new record in table2 when a record in table1 is created.

I have created a workflow event from the but the saving of the record in table1 does not trigger the creation of the new record in table2.

How do I trouble shoot what is going on? I donโ€™t see any errors.

Regards
Steven

Please post a screenshot (or shots) of the entire workflow configuration.

Top Labels in this Space