Actions, Workflows, and Formatting that trave...

Actions, Workflows, and Formatting that traverse tables.

It would be helpful to have actions, workflows, and formatting that traverse tables.

I have an app with a property table and have other tables such as doors, windows, etc, that are referenced back to the property. I created actions at the top of the property details view that will bring me to a related inline view of the tables.

In the tables, I have a column for โ€œAll Materials Ordered?โ€ and have done formatting to change the door id to red if that column is false. It would be great if I can make the action icon in the property detail view of the property turn red to match so that when you look at the property, you can tell that the materials are not all ordered for the doors or whatever table that has that formatting.

Thanks

0 2 339
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Jason, you can do this via richer expressions in the formatting rule. For example, a formatting rule on the property could check not just the columns of the property but also the โ€œrelated doorsโ€ and see if any of them has โ€œAll Materials Ordered?โ€ = false. We canโ€™t just roll this up automatically because we donโ€™t know what logic you might want.

@praveen Praveen, how to do you write the expression for that as I get the error message that you cannot compare list with text?

Top Labels in this Space