Add a "None" event action in table view

In “table” view, you have the option to set an action when a row is selected as indicated by the arrows in the screenshot attached. I’d like to remove that action as I don’t want anything to happen when rows are selected.

I imagine this would be accomplished by selecting a “None” from the drop down in the “Behavior” tab (second screenshot) but currently this isn’t an option.

3X_8_5_85c5f25af89fa7129b786c72a548d586bef851b6.png

Solved Solved
1 7 1,336
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

See my old tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

So your Saying you want to row to be highlighted by you don’t want to navigate to a different View??

Why dont you create “action” which does NOTHING, and attach that action to place where you want.

See my old tips and tricks.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Yeah, this is already possible, so this post is real more of a “how do i?”. I’ve changed the category accordingly.

FWIW, I'd say that this is not already possible unless in addition to defining an effectively null action it's also possible to suppress the UI's chevron icon in a table row that represents to the user that some action is indeed available. Similarly, although less significant, selecting a row with even a null action temporarily highlights the row--again indicating to the user that some action is available; ideally, this should also be possible to suppress.

Agreed that this has not actually been solved and that I was also expecting AppSheet to behave like the OP suggested, with the option to set the Behaviour on Row Selected to be None or just not have the option to select the row in the table at all. Sometimes users just want to view the data!

I've had complaints from some users of my apps that there are too many ways of getting to similar looking information. However, they like having various different table views. For now, I have implemented the workaround above to avoid always having something happen when clicking on a row, but it would be good to get rid of the UI chevron and manage the row highlighting like @dbaum suggested

Thanks all!

Top Labels in this Space