Add an action that prompts an input box

It will be nice to have an action that will prompts an input box. Then any input from the user can be set to a column.

If multiple rows are selected when the action is triggered, the same input value shall be applied to all rows.

Solved Solved
1 30 5,554
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Was searching for something else and noticed this request was still around. It has been fulfilled with the INPUT() expression.

People who voted here, feel free to take back your votes and use them elsewhere. Or maybe someone like @Steve can close the thread.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

This would be great, add the barcode scanner button as well.

I imagine something like scanning the barcode of an order to add the tracking to the registryโ€ฆ

For the first requirement, you can create an slice with just 2 columns the ID and the column you want to save data, then create an action button calling a VIEW, and use LINKTOROW.

Thatโ€™s a very good idea, I did not remember that, Iโ€™m going to use this โ€ฆ

Thanks

Hi,

I have been waiting for a function as described for a while. Currently in my app the user has to hit a button to take them to a view where they input a date/time etc. Then they select the rows that they want to bulk apply to and bulk change after.

Appsheet have said they are beta testing a โ€œchange value on the flyโ€ function where the workflow is reversed - select rows to be changed, hit โ€œchange dateโ€, select new date and OK.

This would make a huge difference to my app as currently I can only have my head of sales change certain fields in case someone bulk changes hundreds of customers upcoming sales calls to the wrong date because the user has forgotten to set the correct one as they arenโ€™t given a prompt and shown the date that is about to be applied.

@Fernando_Lopez - I am not as experienced I Appsheet dev as you, so struggling to visualize the
UX that the user will see. Do you have a sample or video?

@Steven_Aung. I remember @praveen mentioning it in the Google+ Community in 2018 that this is a piece of functionality that they were working on a year ago already.
Not sure if the Appsheet Team continued with this.

@praveen is this still in the pipeline?

@Henry_Scott Yes, itโ€™s still in the pipeline.

@Aleksi ok great news. Cannot wait. Have a couple of Apps that the UX will be improved a 1000% if we can have that functionality

@Aleksi do you know if this will be done in the short term? - next 3 months

This feature is in testing stage at this moment. Maybe @Adam has more ideas about this.

@Adam and @Aleksi Just following up on this as Iโ€™m really excited for this feature! Do we know if this is still testing or has it been released?

@Adam Do you have any thoughts about this?

I m not sure what sort of new feature request is discussed right here, but I suppose the linktorow should be out there, so we can set action to prompt the input box (form view) alreadyโ€ฆ

Itโ€™s an action that opens an inbox box where you could type an value for example.

What is inbox box in this context?

Input boxโ€ฆ Like a pop out, or some call it a focus boxโ€ฆ

Sure, then should be the same as appsheet form view technically.

Yes, except smaller, and overlaid. With a cancel buttonโ€ฆ
Like an action confirmation message, with a couple fields for data decisions.

Create slice just for one column.
Set an action to open this slice in a form view.
Set this action as inline attached to original column for example.
Set this form"s finished view to the original detail view on save.

Set all the fields we have for a table. On detail view we will see action icons for all the line items, hitting each action button will open up form to edit that column only. Save or cancel form, bring user back to original detail view.

Of courseโ€ฆ But that doesnโ€™t accomplish this specific goal. Which is UX popupโ€ฆ

If you enable in-app feedback, a button appears in the side menu that creates a popup for feedback.

This is what we need.

can you show me how to do that

Perhaps this might help:

Thereโ€™s a sample app there that you can copy and play around with.

thanks

Yes, we will be doing this.

In fact, I know @Adam worked on it and had an internal prototype working late last year. But Adam was slammed with N too many things to do at the same time.

Weโ€™l figure out how to pick up and finish the remaining work on this feature.

Is this still being worked on?  This is a much anticipated feature

Could this work within a process (automation)?

Based on the testing, there will be no prompt but will use the default value provided as the second parameter of the INPUT function.

Was searching for something else and noticed this request was still around. It has been fulfilled with the INPUT() expression.

People who voted here, feel free to take back your votes and use them elsewhere. Or maybe someone like @Steve can close the thread.

Top Labels in this Space