Add and download multiple pictures

It takes a long time to add many pictures. That would be great if we could just multi select them and this is it. Appshet could find a way of concatenating all file path in one cell.

Another situation is that after uploading we need to download them. So I have to open external and download one by one. It’ takes forever. There should be a way to download the image file to your phone or PC.

Status Open
5 7 224
7 Comments
Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Comercial_Maqst
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

hello Appsheet, any ideia?

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

Eventhough sound like a usability improvement, this is not what AppSheet is built for IMHO

Comercial_Maqst
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

I disagree. We can already input images and files, this is part of any business and the core of many. We can insert multiple images if REF IS PART OF, which means that there is also one solution. However, this is not enough for many of us, I bet. Another way could be a new view, we already have the gallery view, there could be a called "ALBUM" or something like this that allowed users to insert, and manage multiple images to one record.

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5

The thing is, if you want to backup files, you have tools already made for that.

AppSheet files, images and more are in the context of a row, a record.

We can do a lot of things with AppSheet, but that doesn't mean it's made for that

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

@Pratyusha Have there been any advancements or updates regarding this matter? This feature seems highly beneficial, likely to be utilized frequently in a business application context. I've observed that numerous no-code platforms and project management tools already have similar features implemented.

Here is an example of https://clickup.com/ 

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 7.45.19 PM.png

Complex applications developed using AppSheet often necessitate basic functionalities, such as the ability to add, drag and drop, select multiple files simultaneously, and download several files at once.

@SkrOYC wrote:

AppSheet files, images and more are in the context of a row, a record.

It's unclear how ClickUp has implemented the feature to add and download multiple files simultaneously in the context of a row, similar to AppSheet's functionality. Given that this has been successfully set up and is operational on their platform, it appears to be a feasible addition for AppSheet as well. @SkrOYC 

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

It's significant to mention that they already offer the capability to select multiple files from Google Drive. Given that AppSheet is a Google platform, the absence of these features seems like a step backward.

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 8.00.17 PM.png