Add and update for different groups

Hi
I want to make a group of people be able to add in a view and another group of people just be able to make updates with an action in the same view (I dont want them to be ablet to add)
What do I have to do?

Solved Solved
0 5 312
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SELECT() expression returns a List where SWITCH() expression expects a single value. Wrap your SELECT expression with ANY(SELECT(โ€ฆ)) and ensure that the expression will return an email value as you are evaluating the USEREMAIL() expressionโ€™s return value.

Provided you need to evaluate if the USEREMAIL() lies in the List of Selected Values then you need to use an IFS()/IF() and IN() expressions:

IF(
    IN(USEREMAIL(), SELECT(TableName[ColumnName], {Yes/No Condition})),
    "ALL_CHANGES",
    "UPDATES_ONLY"
)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SWITCH(USEREMAIL(),
โ€œadmin@mycompany.comโ€, โ€œALL_CHANGESโ€,
โ€œmanager@mycompany.comโ€, โ€œUPDATES_ONLYโ€,
โ€œREAD_ONLYโ€)

I want to use a SELECT()

Go ahead. You can use any expression you want so long as the result is one of the allowed values.

It not letting me use a SELECT(), what am I doing wrong?

SELECT() expression returns a List where SWITCH() expression expects a single value. Wrap your SELECT expression with ANY(SELECT(โ€ฆ)) and ensure that the expression will return an email value as you are evaluating the USEREMAIL() expressionโ€™s return value.

Provided you need to evaluate if the USEREMAIL() lies in the List of Selected Values then you need to use an IFS()/IF() and IN() expressions:

IF(
    IN(USEREMAIL(), SELECT(TableName[ColumnName], {Yes/No Condition})),
    "ALL_CHANGES",
    "UPDATES_ONLY"
)
Top Labels in this Space