Add Delete Action in reference table

I built a reference table in a form page, originally it had the ability to delete from the reference table, but I must have clicked on something and now itโ€™s no longer there. I went to behaviors and tried to turn the delete behavior to in-line and everything else, but no luck. Any one know had to turn this back on? thanks

0 4 302
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, you can delete child records when you are creating parent record and itโ€™s childs. You have probably seen the delete action there. Now when you are modifying the parent, you are not able to delete those existing child records. Thatโ€™s coming from the design. Though you can delete those child records from Detail view > View(4).

Ohโ€ฆ I think I did something goofy. I was adding the child records separately. And now that I look at the creation of my parent record, I donโ€™t see the ability to add child records in there. Is there a simple way of dynamically adding child records by using a value in a column?

@Aleksi Can you elaborate on this comment? I understand you to say that by design, Deleting of a child record is not supported once the record has been saved. Why not allow deletes of the child records?

I find myself revisiting the ability to delete child records with some new functionality I am creating.

If you have the inline view on the Detail view, you should be able to add new records if you are able to add new records into that table. You should see a โ€œNewโ€ button.

Top Labels in this Space