Add multiple rows to new table using grouped actions

Hi,

I have what seems like a simple problem, but I can’t figure out why its not working. I have a table of data (we’ll call it ‘table A’), I’m trying to move table A data to Table B, very simple moves, the columns have the same names, essentially just a copy and paste.

The only difficult part is that I need the row of info from table A to create 4 rows of info in table B, when I run the grouped sequence of actions which is “data: add a new row to another table using values from this row” in sequence 4 times, each time emitting some columns of data I dont want in that particular row.

The process creates the first row, then overwrites it with the second row, then with the 3rd, and then the 4th. So instead of 4 rows of data in table B. I only have the 4th row.

Hopefully somebody can easily see what I’m doing wrong here, very new to all this.

Thanks

0 3 302
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Sounds like you’re giving each new row the same key column value. Every row must have a unique key column value.

See also:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply, and yes you are correct. Is there any way for the behaviour I explained earlier, to add the 4 new rows with the same key? Otherwise I will try and find a workaround by changing the key.

Thanks

No two rows may have the same key column value.

Top Labels in this Space