Add new record from slice view

I have a simple maintenance request app with 3 statuses: submitted, in progress, completed. My primary view is my Tickets table, grouped by status. I donโ€™t want to show any of the completed tickets so I created an Open Tickets slice with just submitted and in progress tickets. However, the add new button disappears when the slice is used for the primary view. Is there a way to only show the first two statuses and also have the add new button?

Solved Solved
0 8 190
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Finally figured it out. I added the auto action back into the Open Tickets Actions and the big blue plus icon to add a new ticket has returned. Working the way I want it now! Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Does the Slice allow Adds?

Yes Iโ€™ve already double checked that. It does allow Adds. Iโ€™ve tried turning updates and deletes on and off as well and still now Add New button.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Which โ€œadd newโ€ button are you referring to? Screenshot?

This is the view when I select the Tickets table for the data source. It has the blue plus button to add a new ticket, but also shows the completed tickets.

When I change to the Open Tickets slice for the data source the blue plus button disappears as well as the completed tickets.

Is there a condition expression on the Add Action for that Table?

No condition expression. This is the Add Action for my Tickets table.

In the Open Ticket slice view Iโ€™ve added the Add action and now there are Plus iIcons to add a new record, but theyโ€™re in the Action Bar for each ticket which would work but is not what Iโ€™m looking for and a bit odd because adding a new ticket shouldnโ€™t be associated with existing tickets.

Finally figured it out. I added the auto action back into the Open Tickets Actions and the big blue plus icon to add a new ticket has returned. Working the way I want it now! Thanks for the help!

Top Labels in this Space