Add reference to already existing child row from reference table

Giles

Hi!

The Add button below a reference table allows you to add a new child row connected to the currently viewed parent. This button however does not allow you to add an already existing row from the child table to the currently viewed parent. Is there any way I can add a button that does this? I.e. I want a form to popup which allows me to enter the key of an already existing row and change its reference to the currently viewed parent.

Solved Solved
0 3 281
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Youโ€™d have to use actions. If the would-be children can be reliably identified using information contained in the new parentโ€™s row, you could invoke the action to attach the would-be children using a Form Saved event action attached to the parent form.

See also:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What you want to do cannot be done within a form.

Giles

Okay, is there any way of quickly connecting multiple already existing children to a specific parent?

Youโ€™d have to use actions. If the would-be children can be reliably identified using information contained in the new parentโ€™s row, you could invoke the action to attach the would-be children using a Form Saved event action attached to the parent form.

See also:

Top Labels in this Space