Add Shortcut error when trying to add app icon to the homescreen on a Samsung TAB S7+

I have a number of tablets in the field that I use for data collection and they are all currently the Samsung TAB S6. Each tablet has a variety of different apps pinned as shortcuts to the home screen depending on the station/environment that tablet is in
Recently, I decided to upgrade a couple tables to the newer Samsung Tab S7+ and Iโ€™m running across an issue when trying to pin application shortcut icons to the homescreen. The error that is generated is:

Attempt to invoke virtual method โ€˜int android.graphics.Bitmap.getWidth()โ€™ on a null object reference

3X_4_6_46ede3a2eda305a264113c46c4c81301ea9262f1.png

Iโ€™m curious if anyone else has come across this issue and if there is a simple fix that Iโ€™m not seeing.

Thanks,
-Nieko

Solved Solved
1 4 454
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FYI, just to follow up on this issue and for others that might run across this problem.

Problem - Application Icon was being saved as a .SVG file format.

Solution - Converted the .SVG icon to .PNG

Thanks,
-Nieko

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

FYI, just to follow up on this issue and for others that might run across this problem.

Problem - Application Icon was being saved as a .SVG file format.

Solution - Converted the .SVG icon to .PNG

Thanks,
-Nieko

My image is a .jpg so Iโ€™m not sure what to check now?

This has occured on two seperate android devices. One is an Oppo phone the other a Samsung galaxy s7.

Iโ€™ve got this app on ~30 other employees phones with no issues.

Even though the image was a .jpg it does seem to require a .png file.

This is the first section of the file linked for the icon:
โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com:443/fsimage.png?appid=โ€
.png makes me think itโ€™s only expecting a .png file.

It does seem to work now but one device is having further and I believe completely seperate issues.

Top Labels in this Space