Add Totals - Two Separate Tables in Report

Hi Guys

I have a three tables:
Customers
AppQuotesItems
AppQuotesParts

Both AppQuotesParts and AppQuotesItems have columns which calculate totals, VAT, Discount etc, they are both exactly the same in structure other than the table name.

I have a report which initially is based on Customers and pulls data from AppQuotesItems

<<Start: FILTER(โ€œAppquotesitemsโ€, AND([JobID]=[_THISROW].[JobID], [Status]=โ€œAuthorisedโ€))>><<[Item]>>โ€ฆand several other column data follows โ€ฆ this all works very wellโ€ฆ

I can do the same for AppQuotesParts very easily:

<<Start: FILTER(โ€œAppquotesPartsโ€, AND([JobID]=[_THISROW].[JobID], [Status]=โ€œAuthorisedโ€))>><<[Item]>>โ€ฆetc

And here is wherethe problem lies.
How do i Sum the values of both on the same report ??

0 10 372
10 REPLIES 10

You can SUM in Word

Thanks Alex
So how would I SUM both values?
The report does SUM data from AppQuotesItems already (example):

<< SUM(SELECT(Appquotesitems[Cost] , AND([JobID]=[_THISROW].[JobID], [Status]=โ€Authorisedโ€)))>>

What would be the formula to SUM that and the data from AppQuotesParts ?

<< SUM(SELECT(AppquotesParts[Cost] , AND([JobID]=[_THISROW].[JobID], [Status]=โ€Authorisedโ€)))>>

Much appreciated

*** UPDATE***

This is looking good:

<< SUM(SELECT(Appquotesitems [Total_11] , AND([JobID]=[_THISROW].[JobID], [Status]=โ€Authorisedโ€)))+ SUM(SELECT(Appquotesparts [Total_11] , AND([JobID]=[_THISROW].[JobID], [Status]=โ€Authorisedโ€)))>>

Unless you guys advise me differently but it seems to be working ??

Either that or if you are using a table in Word, then you can just add a formula to the Total cell to SUM(ABOVE).

Thanks Alex
I am still uncertain of how to do that. Does the cell have a reference or name so I can simplify this or should I just stick with what I have?

Thanks

Donโ€™t do the calculations in the spreadsheet as suggested by @AlexM.

Thanks Steve, I stuck to the original without calculating in the Word Doc, it worked so I left it as it was.
I am very greatful for all the support from everybody always.

Kind Regards

Itโ€™s not the spreadsheet I was sugesting, it was in the template.

Thats interesting and probably where crossed lines came from. I was referring to the template and Steve mentioned the spreadsheet.
The solution does work as it is so quite happy to leave it as is, but the possibility of formulaโ€™s in the word template could prove beneficial later.

So I thank both of you guys.
Kind Regards

Thats interesting Alex, thank you.

Top Labels in this Space