Add two rows from one form: I'm trying to cre...

Add two rows from one form: I’m trying to create a single form that adds two rows to a sheet from the one form.

I have a truck that delivers gravel. I want to record both the hours driven by the truck in a day, and the weight of the gravel delivered to a customer.

I would prefer two rows on a single sheet as this creates an easy CSV export from sheets to accounting software in the form of “Item, Qty, Value, Date, Operator” which works for both “Truck, 7, $120, 12/12/18, Bob” and “AP20 Aggregate, 310, $8, 12/12/18, Bob”

, but I want the driver to simply select the truck he was driving and then right below that the total gravel he delivered.

Is this possible? Thanks, Lyndon

0 5 407
5 REPLIES 5

This is not possible directly. You would need to use Webhook & API call to create that additional record.

Thanks, is that as difficult as it sounds (requires other programming knowledge)?

If I set the gravel up as a sub-record to the trucks, I wonder if workflow rules will allow a row to be added to the main table if a gravel record gets added to a separate gravel table.

Or alternatively have my CSV file pull data from two tables (again gravel being a sub record).

Lyndon

That won’t work automatically either. If semiautomatic would work, then the easiest way could be an Event action with LINKTOFORM deep link.

Thanks for your pointers, I’ll explore the LINKTOFORM approach.

I’ll also have a look at producing a report that pulls both truck hours and product quantity from two separate tables.

I may have a similar issue as what you had. I’m trying to track several materials to a job.
If we are building wall, I will need X amount of gravel. Sometimes more than budgeted, sometime less.
I want to track labor and equipment on one form and track the materials (too many to list here) on another form to keep it simple. Any ideas on how to do that?

Top Labels in this Space