Add/update value in column if another value changed

Hi, I very confused it should be a very simple solution, but I stuck here. I need to add USEREMAIL() in to [shipped by] column if [tracking] column updated (from blank to tracking number).
Thanks

0 4 146
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Thereโ€™ll be a few different ways you can accomplish this.

The way that I would recommend most, since it should handle the most scenarios, is to appropriately define expressions for Initial Value and Reset on Edit for the [shipped by] column.

Initial Value expression is evaluated whenever the record is first created. You can force it to re-evaluate at a later time, by specifying a Reset on Edit condition.

So, you want the value of [shipped by] to be USEREMAIL(), only if the [tracking] column is both not-blank, AND has just been filled in, but otherwise it should remain blank. So your Initial Value expression could be:

IF(
  AND(
    ISBLANK( [_THISROW_BEFORE].[tracking] ) ,
    ISNOTBLANK( [tracking] )
  ) ,
  USEREMAIL() ,
  ""
)

And then for the Reset on Edit expression, you just re-use the condition from the above expression:

AND(
    ISBLANK( [_THISROW_BEFORE].[tracking] ) ,
    ISNOTBLANK( [tracking] )
)

Another way you could accomplish this is to run an Action on a Form saved event.

Thank you Marc, it works, I just used the initial expression and set Reset on Edit without any expressions.

I highly advise that you properly set Reset on Edit. With just a simple ON value here, if something else changes in the record, the value will revert to blank.

Yes I did, ok thank you

Top Labels in this Space