Adding a filtered view to a dashboard that works with interactive mode

I have a dashboard that currently has 2 views: The deck view and the detail view. My deck view is basically an attendance list that shows me who has “logged in.” So, if a person has “logged in” multiple times in the past, they can show up in this list many times.

I want to make a third view in my dashboard that basically shows a filtered version of my deck view. So when I click on an entry on my original deck view, I want this third view (The filtered Deck view) to show me a list of all the times that person has previously logged in.

I’ve tried many things with little success. Any help would be great!

0 4 305
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Jacob_Peters! Are you familiar with SELECT()? I think SELECT() could be used to make a list of all of the people who have logged. That could be used to make a slice of all the people who have logged in. Then perhaps a ref column work work to show all of the times that person has logged in. I’m not completely sure that my strategy is right but that’s what comes to mind. Good luck!

If you’ve already tried some unsuccessful strategies, explaining what you tried here might help other people help you.

I’m somewhat familiar with SELECT() but I’m not sure I understand what you want me to do with it and the slice. Can you give me a few more details? I’m still fairly new to all of this.

I’ve tried adding an event action that takes me to a filtered view when I click the row, but it didn’t quite work correctly with a dashboard.

I’ve also tried making a virtual column that shows a filtered list of all the times a given person has logged in. So then I created a slice that only displays that virtual column, and put that slice’s detail view on my dashboard. This works like I want it to (for the most part), but it does not look very appealing to the eyes.

Hi @Jacob_Peters! Come to think of it, I don’t think you would need to use SELECT() to make a slice – just the condition part of a SELECT() expression. Sorry for my confusion.

I think we need some help from @Steve or someone else with more knowledge than I have. I’ve done things that are somewhat similar to what you are trying to do but not exactly the same and I don’t have a lot of experience working with dashboard.

Sorry I couldn’t help. I hope someone else can chime in soon with better information.

I’m afraid I don’t have enough experience with dashboards to know how to do this.

Top Labels in this Space