Adding a Many to Many not referencing correct parent

Requests.PR_NO is the key
USERS.USER_NO is the key

Prayed table has both PR_NO and USER_NO referencing their parent table

When I go to add a new child from the Requests form, it brings in the values for PI_NO which is another referenced field in the Requests table. I cannot figure out why.

If I manually add the correct PR_NO in the data source, then the child correctly appears.

Any tips on where to look for my error?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 14 524
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

View_All_Requests is a Slice based on the Requests table.

OH MY!!! I had PI_NO as the lable for the Requests table, NOT PR_NO. That fixed it.

I wonder if that messed anything else up? When is a label used? This is the first time Iโ€™ve done many to many in this App.

Thank you so very much? You are a great detective!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

What does โ€œit brings inโ€ mean? Are these values in a dropdown?

yes. Though it shouldnโ€™t be.

Could you show us the expression you are using in the Valid_If property of the โ€œPR_NOโ€ column?

That table is Read Only in this app. I donโ€™t have a valid if statement on PR_NO.

Which table is Read Only?

Ok, can you show the column definition of the PR_NO column in the requests table?

Requests and Users are both Read Only

Prayed has Adds, Edits and Deletes

Thanks for your help.

Iโ€™m a little confused by this statement then. If the Requests table is Read Only, you would not be able to open a Form to that table.

EDITED: Oh, you must have meant the Prayed table?

So, letโ€™s back up a bit. Since the Form was from the Prayed table, Iโ€™ll re-state my question.

Is there a Valid_If expression for the PR_NO column in the Prayed table?

If so, can you show that?

If not, then that means that dropdown is pulling ALL values based on the slice โ€œView_All_Requestsโ€. Can you show the table definition that slice is based on AND a sample of the actual data from that table?

Let me show how it is set up, then Iโ€™ll get the specific info you asked for.
Viewing existing requests.
2X_4_4335f093a6dd913096c88f0c10cb1363db705644.png

When I click add New, The PR_NO is showing PI_NOs. And shouldnโ€™t be editable. Iโ€™m only showing it since I saw it wasnโ€™t being done correctly.

There is not a Valid_If expression for the PR_NO column in the Prayed table.

View_All_Requests Row Filter: AND([Start_Date]<=TODAY(),[END_Date]>=Today(),[FINAL_OK]=TRUE,[Confidential]<>โ€œYES, Never share publicly. For Jesus Film Family Only.โ€,ISNOTBLANK([DISPLAY_VERSION]),[DISPLAY]=YES)

And you wanted data from View_All_Requests?

Yes, and now just missing the View_All_Requests table definition. But really just need to know what column is set as the Label column in that table?

View_All_Requests is a Slice based on the Requests table.

OH MY!!! I had PI_NO as the lable for the Requests table, NOT PR_NO. That fixed it.

I wonder if that messed anything else up? When is a label used? This is the first time Iโ€™ve done many to many in this App.

Thank you so very much? You are a great detective!

Thanks Steve.

Well done, @WillowMobileSystems!

Top Labels in this Space