Adding a 'null' value to UX-Behavior-Row Selected when working in a table view

Hi guys, just a quick feature request but something I’ve noticed while managing multiple tables and views that irks me somewhat. I am the kind of user who tries to use Action button icons inside of rows that trigger different functions, so I rarely want the user to be able to click the data in the row and go somewhere (the default behavior-row selected function). This is why I often have to re-route the ‘Behavior’ section in UX-Table View in order to nullify should a user click outside of these action buttons. Unfortunately this is a clunky workaround and doesn’t work well with tables that have multiple ‘group by’ hierarchies. Is there a plan to add a simple ‘null’ value to the behavior section in order to do nothing when a user clicks that row?

Many thanks.
D

Status Open
3 4 286
4 Comments
Marc_Dillon
Platinum 1
Platinum 1

Upvote for a “do nothing” on this Action selection.

3X_1_f_1f10511d70533c9d07330ff6224767e881c846f1.png

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

takuya_miyai
Silver 5
Silver 5

Hi @Roderick 

This request can be realized by creating an Action that does nothing, as @Marc_Dillon  suggests, and setting it in the Event action of the Table view.

dbaum
Gold 4
Gold 4

@takuya_miyai wrote:

This request can be realized by creating an Action that does nothing

That's true, but still a suboptimal user experience since the row remains selectable (e.g., it highlights when selected) and retains the right chevron icon. Both of those UI design features imply that some action is invoked by selected the row even though none occurs.