Adding Reference in Virtual Column

Hello,

I have 2 tables - Orders and Jobs

Jobs have reference to the Orders.

Now I want to get the value from the " Production Status " Column from Jobs Table in a Virtual Column in a Orders . How do I do that ? I know I can add a column in my data source referring the Jobs and get the value using [Jobs].[Production Status] but I dont want to add an extra column in my database unnecessary . Is there another way out ?

In Detail, I am able to render the status using the inline views but I want in the main view ( ORDER LIST VIEW) and I also want to be able to filter the orders based on the production status.

0 6 1,717
6 REPLIES 6

Any help in this ? I can try and explain a bit more if it seems confusing and not clear enough .

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not clear what you need help with, since you reference virtual columns and thatโ€™s what you need to use, it seems.

Not clear to me what youโ€™re trying to do here. You want each job status displayed in the orders list view?

See also:

Sorry Steve โ€ฆ Couldnt Replyโ€ฆ Was just trying to figure out a better way to explain thisโ€ฆ Still trying.

I am having same problem.
Iโ€™ve made a virtual column, which this value is (necessarily) obtained by an expression.
Now I want to criate e new virtual column getting a reference of this first column value but it seems not possible.

Supose itโ€™s name are โ€œMy Virtual Columnโ€. When i try to reference the values from this column, using a code like [My Virtual Column], Expression Assistant says that column doesnโ€™t exists.

I am trying it just for avoiding add columns with formulas in my database.

Please post a screenshot demonstrating this.

Note that you must save the edited app configuration after creating the virtual column before you can use the virtual columnโ€™s value.

1. Add and configure the new virtual column.

2. Save the changes.

3. Reference the virtual column as desired.

If you just created [My Virtual Column] then proceeded to try and reference it in another expression, Appsheet will most often say column doesnโ€™t exist. Try saving after creating [My Virtual Column] then go and try and reference it in another expression.

Top Labels in this Space