Adding Table as a Co-Author I'm not able to ...

Adding Table as a Co-Author

I’m not able to add a table to an existing App where I am a Co-Author. It just opens the empty box you can see in the picture. I’m able to add “New Data Source”, but even then I cannot add a table. Again empty box. Interestingly I can create a new App in my personal Account with the Tables from my client. So that means I have added the Source from my client already. Any ideas?

0 5 1,231
5 REPLIES 5

Harry2

@Fabian Hi Fabian, to help us investigate this, could you give us your account ID, the account ID of the app owner, and the name of the app?

@Harry Thank you.

My Account ID: 549987 App owner Accound ID: 622224 App Name: QualityGate

Harry2

@Fabian Hi Fabian, after checking with my colleague, I’m afraid that it is currently not possible for co-authors to add new tables. For security reasons, we have decided to not expose the app owner’s data to co-authors. Also, when you add a new data source through the app editor, the data source will be added to your account, and not the app owner’s account, which means that you will not see it in the editor.

Right now, the only way for co-authors to add new tables to apps is to use tables from team data sources. A team data source is shared by and visible to all members of a team. This feature is only available if you are in a team plan. However, we are looking into releasing a new option to let app owners to selectively allow co-authors to see and use certain data sources so that they too can add tables. If you want this feature, please request and vote for it in our feature request app:

appsheet.com - Login - AppSheet Login - AppSheet appsheet.com

Hi @Harry Is there any Update to this?

Harry2

Hi @Jessy_Mrozowski, this is actually unrelated to the original problem in this thread. Could you send all of this information, as well as your account ID, the account ID of the owner of the app, and the name of the app in question to us at support@appsheet.com?

Top Labels in this Space