Additional Button on Form

I’m just wondering if it’s possible to add an additional button at the bottom of a form, such as “Send”, in addition to Cancel and Save?

0 10 172
10 REPLIES 10

Hi
@Alun_Lewis ,
Welcome to the AppSheet community.

I believe you may not be able to add an additional button alongwith "Save"and “Cancel” in form view.

If you describe the intended behavior , then community could possibly suggest a workaround solution.

Thanks for your response @Suvrutt_Gurjar. I would just like to have two options - one to save an incomplete form and the other to send an email with the response fields when a form is complete.

Thank you. If you go to Behavior -->.Workflows , you could send an email when a record is updated or added. You could suitably use that option to send an email on form save.

Yes - I have done something like this with a button in the deck view of completed responses.

Thank you. You could continue to save the form even when incomplete with non required fields in the form.

When the form is completely filled as per your requirement , you could have a field that signifies the completion of the form and changes status when the form is complete. You could utilize the status change of that field to fire a worklow. You could use "Condition"option in Workflow settings to track that status change and fire the workflow on record update.

Yes - that’s pretty close, except I’d need confirmation from the user that they consider the form to be complete (after they have potentially gone back and edited some of the entries). So a button to initiate the email is what I’m after. As I said, I’ve put one in the deck view of completed responses, but it would just be nice to have one on the main form view.

Sorry - I get what you’re saying - a form entry that acts like the button I described.

Correct. If fields 1, 2,3 , 4 all need to be filled in to consider form as complete, a “Form Complete” status change field with an expression something like

AND(ISNOTBLANK([Field 1]), ISNOTBLANK([Field 2]), ISNOTBLANK([Field 3]), ISNOTBLANK([Field 4]))

could be used with default status as FALSE to fire a form save workflow one time after first complete form save.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not possible. You can, however, change the text of the existing buttons (but not the function).

Thank you Steve. That clarifies it.

Top Labels in this Space