Additional "Load" option for the "retry" on audit logs

When troubleshooting error reports in the audit logs, sometimes it can be very difficult to recreate the conditions of the error - which means it’s near impossible to solve for the problem.

In the audit logs, all the changes that a person was trying to make are preserved and you can view what they were trying to submit.

There is a retry button,

but I’m wanting a way to load that particular log/change into the editor’s app-emulator - giving me the ability to literally recreate that state so I can see what’s wrong.

What I’m finding is that there are a few cases where a record was submitted yet the validations or requirements that SHOULD be in place and validating/restricting data somehow didn’t function. The app allowed the form to save, yet the server won’t allow the record to be uploaded (because it contains errors).

Trying to debug this scenario is impossible because I can’t induce error states in the app (all my attempts to get a repro have failed) - yet somehow users are able to save records (adding them to the queue of uploads) that are erroneous and won’t upload; and since these records contain errors they cause the whole upload process to freeze for that user.

I want a way to open the app in the state that the user was able to submit their record, so I can see what’s going on and why the record was allowed to be saved when a validation or requirement WASN’T met.

Scenarios like this happen for me at least once a month - where a record was saved yet it should have been caught in the form - and trying to debug is really difficult.

As always, thanks for considering!!!

Status Open
0 1 298