Addnew data from action button

hy guys, i want to add new data from button like this

and new data auto from set colomns, but why my button not dispaly in here??
my button display when i click one data

can you help me for this problem? thanks

Solved Solved
0 20 313
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The time recorded in the column of the form is the time when the form was opened; it does not update itself as time passes. To capture the time the form is saved, youโ€™ll need to create an action to set the column value to TIMENOW() and attach that action as the Form Saved event action of the form.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Hello @Mas_Syahdan_Filsafan

i think you just have to click on Display Overlay as you can see here

not display

Have you planned any behavior conditions for that specific action ?

like this?

In fact the idea is to know if there is a condition instruction which manages the action in registered in this Behavior part?

like this?

A row level action will not be displayed overlay. A table level action such as add, download, go to another will be displayed overlay.

but i set add to new another table, like this
and not display in overlay?

You can consider a row level action is when an action requires values of the row, see the red box.

then, can you provide a solution to this problem and create a check in check out app in the appsheet?

You can try with LINKTOFORM() but make sure that there value taken is something like USEREMAIL(), NOW() or UTCNOW() which donโ€™t need to go inside row level.

I have a sample app for Clock-in Out. It is in Bahasa. Please check it here, which using a different approach, please copy the app if you want to try it.

thanks
but in your sample not realtime time, i find time in realtime data
3X_4_7_47d4d05e1c650b1501628a59700d9d1ec52e9fe9.png

I donโ€™t understand what do you mean by time in realtime data?

when user add new data
time is auto following date and time in defice user
like this

this not realtime time now

Ah, okay. You might need to change the expression to UTCNOW()+โ€œxxx:00:00โ€. I just simply use NOW() for the sample app considering there are users in different timezone and be happy with it.

You might want to take a look to several posts about time, UTCNOW, etc. And one of the sample is available in below discussion:

Device Independent TimeCapture - Tips & Tricks - AppSheet Creator Community

Hi @Heru and @Mas_Syahdan_Filsafan

I had created that sample app, even though it achieved the purpose, I realized that that the below approach described by @Steve is best for capturing server time.

Any time capture system though has its own challenges. To capture server time, the device will need to be online. The below post thread captures various shades , challenges and possible mitigation approaches of time capture.

i use timenow ()

time in appsheet not following in my defice

The time recorded in the column of the form is the time when the form was opened; it does not update itself as time passes. To capture the time the form is saved, youโ€™ll need to create an action to set the column value to TIMENOW() and attach that action as the Form Saved event action of the form.

can you show me your sample application?

Hi ,

I have removed it from my list of sample apps. I will share the app with you if I find it in my app list.

However, it was a convoluted back-end Google sheet time-based approach. I strongly recommend using @Steve 's suggestion.

Top Labels in this Space