Advanced search

As the app became more complex, the actual search tool is not enough.
For exalmple now is not possible to perform a filter from date to date where the date interval is set interactively by the user.

It would be nice to have a custom search form where put fields to search for and a search button.
The action then will be open a specific view (i.e. a list) with the results.
Now this funtionality can be acheeved very hardly usin more than one workaround.

Thanks

Status Open
2 4 624
4 Comments
Aleksi
Staff

Have you thought to use a form view where you can add all filters and then trigger a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW as an event action? Or is it exactly what you have used as a workaround?

Andrea_Saccavin

Hi Aleksi. Yes, this is one of the workaround

Kirk_Masden
Gold 1
Gold 1

I’ve just voted for this. I’m wondering why the search feature is not more “Googlelike.” In Google search, you need to place words in quotations if you want Google to limit the search to that string but without quotation marks, word order is not an issue. For example, searching for the words “search” and “criteria” (but without putting the two words together with quotation marks) yields pages with where the two terms are somewhere to be found in the text, regardless of order or separation. Hence, without quotation marks, “anywhere, any order” is the default. However, “search criteria” (with quotation marks) only yields pages with that phrase and does not yield pages with different wording (e.g. “the criteria for this search . . .”). Now that AppSheet is part of Google, shouldn’t search be more Googlelike?

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager