Advanced Show_If statements

I am part of a team trying to build a form that uses conditional logic through Show_If statements to determine whether or not to present the column to the user based on values contained in columns on another table that correspond to a row that matches the value of the column.

We have a table with a list of all of our product features. We are trying to build a form to test each feature based on designated Test Groups and Test Status. How do you build a Show_If formula to present Table 1[Column X] on a form based on the value of Table 2[Parameter 1] = โ€œShow_If Condition 1โ€ and Table 2[Parameter 2] = โ€œShow_If Condition 2โ€ based on Table 2[Feature ID] = โ€œTable 1[Column X]โ€

• LOOKUP Value of Test Questions All FIDs[Column Name] (ie โ€œG-01: User Registrationโ€) in features[Feature ID]
  • MATCH Test Questions All FIDs[Test Group] User Response in the Form to the value of features[Test Group] in the row features[Feature ID] = โ€œG-01: User Registrationโ€
  • PRESENT COLUMN on the form IF features[Test Status] = โ€œNot Yet Testedโ€ or โ€œRetest Requiredโ€ in the row features[Feature ID] = โ€œG-01: User Registrationโ€ | * Alternative logic * could be PRESENT COLUMN on the form IF features[Test Status] <> โ€œN/Aโ€ or โ€œPassedโ€ in the row features[Feature ID] = โ€œG-01: User Registrationโ€
0 7 154
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Iโ€™m afraid I canโ€™t make sense of your post.

Yes, my apologies! We are trying to make the most sense we can but are having trouble doing so

I am trying to reword / rework my post to make more sense of it for the community and ourselves.

Please describe what youโ€™re attempting to do, using only plain language. Do not use any AppSheet or spreadsheet terms. Describe the problem as if speaking to someone that doesnโ€™t use computers at all.

Hello Steve, I believe we have figured out what we needed!

We used thisโ€ฆ [Test Group]=LOOKUP(โ€œG-01: User Registrationโ€,โ€œFeaturesโ€,โ€œFeature IDโ€,โ€œTest Groupโ€)

Well done!

If I understand you correctly, are you trying to create a form dynamically? So if a user is in a given group, they will be given a specific field(s) for them to fill?

Yes, exactly!

I believe we have resolved out issue using thisโ€ฆ [Test Group]=LOOKUP(โ€œG-01: User Registrationโ€,โ€œFeaturesโ€,โ€œFeature IDโ€,โ€œTest Groupโ€)

Top Labels in this Space