Age of open ticket

Hi AppSheet Gurus,

I have an app that tracks repair on radios. So when they are received into the system (date) they start aging so that I can see how old a ticket is, and this works great.

(HOUR(Today()-[Date Received]))/24

The issue is that after I change the ticket to closed (repair is done) the aging does not stop, it keeps on aging.

How can I make it that when the status changes to complete TRUe that the aging on that repair stops and shows how long the repair took.

Thank you for any help.

0 2 207
2 REPLIES 2

I believe you may need to add another column of ChangeTimestamp type called say [Repair Complete]

Please assign the change column and change value to this column setting as your status column name and status โ€œcompleteโ€ name. Sya your status name column is 'Repair Status" and repair complete status is โ€œRepair Doneโ€. Then the new ChangeTimestamp column [Repair Complete] should have change column name as "Repair Status"and change value as โ€œRepair Doneโ€ (Please fill in without quotes)

Then the aging column can have an expression something like below

IF([Repair Status]<>โ€œRepair Doneโ€ , HOUR(TODAY() - [Date Received])/24, HOUR(DATE([Repair Complete]) - [Date Received])/24)

Edit: Alternatively, a more emphatic expression that positively checks for โ€œRepair Doneโ€ status can be as follows
IF([Repair Status]= โ€œRepair Doneโ€ , HOUR(DATE([Repair Complete]) - [Date Received])/24 ,HOUR(TODAY() - [Date Received])/24)

Thank you Suvrutt, I will experiment with your advice.

Top Labels in this Space