Aggerating Data

Basics of how my app works:

I created an app where team members can submit a request for approval to dispatch a technician to a customer location. Once the Technician is done repairing the location, him/her will fill out a form with the repair notes. Also in this app, it shows all the customer locations.

Goal:

Now that I have 6 monthโ€™s worth of repair notes, I am trying to have those notes populate under the customer locations as repair history. I havenโ€™t done any leg work to attempt to figure this out because I figured someone may already know how to make this happen. Last time I spent 3 days trying to figure something out and someone solved my issue in 10min here so Iโ€™ve learned to ask a question here first. Basically, I want to click on a customer location and see the repair history form forms submitted by the technicians. (Just certain key information)

3X_e_d_eda420de00f0120b7b54c66c1ebec4c400469e9a.jpeg

Solved Solved
0 7 222
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think you mean you want to display only some columns from the child table showed under the location.

If that is the case , they are autodefined as an inline view, you can find your child inline view in the UX , and set there as you like the columns to ahow and their order. Rest of the columns are still referenced,but hidden in this view

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

One way :
1.In the locations table , customer location should be set as key column.
2.In the repair table , customer location column should be set as REF and IsPartOf locations table

Appsheet will do the rest.

Thanks for the information, worked like a charm. Watched a few videos and read through the information provided from the link.

One last question. I have been spending time trying to figure out how to have select certain column instead of referencing all the columns. I only need key information to be displayed. Is there a way to achieve this? I am still researching but havenโ€™t had any luck yet.

I think you mean you want to display only some columns from the child table showed under the location.

If that is the case , they are autodefined as an inline view, you can find your child inline view in the UX , and set there as you like the columns to ahow and their order. Rest of the columns are still referenced,but hidden in this view

You are awesome! I just noticed that I greatly messed up on my grammar.

Ok, this time really, this is the last question:

I have all the data referenced to the correct locations.

3X_7_8_788eb94637eaacf4c2102ed8c91bb6281cbd6249.png

I am fine with the user being able to view and add additional information but I donโ€™t want the user to have access to edit submitted information. I attempted to find this information on my own but no luck. Is it possible to remove the edit feature? or remove the pencil icon so the user cant edit?

3X_b_1_b1c400442b818a1d29f86438854d844ea554a55e.png

Hi @Batts,

You should be able to โ€œUncheckโ€ the โ€œUpdatesโ€ button on the Table definition. This may mean that you have to have a copy of the app with Updates checked for any power users that should be able to edit. One version for regular users and another version for power users.

BTW: You probably want to uncheck Delete also!

R,
Scott

Man, you guys turn hours of research into minutes. TY for the information. I got everything set up the way I need.

Thanks alot!

Top Labels in this Space