Airtable field type "link to another record"

Hi,

Airtable has a field type “link to another record” whose values isn’t coming into Appsheet. Is there a workaround for this?

Billy

Solved Solved
1 18 1,585
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Nico_Dap apologies for the delay. It seems like the issue went into a support queue which wasn’t monitored actively. We are working on fixing that part.

Meanwhile, our engineers will take a look at the ref support and get back to you as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Hi @Billy_Sheng! Is the record of reference by chance on a blank table in Airtable?

Hey Jennifer!
It’s populated, but with the field type “link to another record” this is what it looks like from the airtable side.

And on the app side, the only data type that generates any data is ENUMLIST and it displays something like this:

2X_2_214075e5e0747ad62a2e05fadc8b484abc8df719.png

Otherwise it’s blank.

Any word on a solution to this?

@Harry I saw you were called the local Airtable expert. Do you have any insight on this issue? any field in Airtable that is a dropdown list that populates from another table or a field that references another table shows up in Appsheet as “System.Collections.Generic.List”

Thanks for your help. This is a make or break for my app!.

Hi Ross,

Currently there are some limitations on how Airtable handles integrations. One work around has been creating two columns in Airtable. (One with an reference to Appsheet, with the other being the column with the value that Appsheet can edit into)

We will give you an update when there is more information.

Billy

@Billy_Sheng, @JCadence
Hi, I also spent 3 days just to find a solution and work around but it doesn’t work.
Has there been any update.
I asked someone from Google to help, he said to import ALL other tables from AIRTABLE and link them with “ref” but didn’t work. (even when the linked field is the primary key)
If anyone knows, please help~~~

Hello, I’m facing the same issue.

I’ve got in my AirTable several tables
I’ve linked the table togeth with “Ref”
But the link doesn’t seem to work. No reference is created

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

This is what I did 3 days ago, but I did not get any response after I shared more details…
Here is my account 2695050 to find my ticket.

I’ve escalated this.

Still no answer. How many people do the AppSheet’s support ?

Escalated again, but to a wider audience.

@Nico_Dap apologies for the delay. It seems like the issue went into a support queue which wasn’t monitored actively. We are working on fixing that part.

Meanwhile, our engineers will take a look at the ref support and get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi @Harsh_Ch - any update on this? I’m facing a similar issue; the ref columns in airtable don’t seem to be flowing through into appsheet.

Hi,
We have already rolled a fix to solve the problem, if you now set the column as ref type, the appsheet will only pick the first element from the link table list from Airtable, since now Appsheet only support one reference.
Can you share more details with us if you still meet the problem ?

Thanks

I’m still facing issues.

1. I have a table called “adverts” in airtable which has a reference column “agent” that links it to the “agents” table. I’ve set this table up in appsheet as adverts. And I’ve set this “agent” column type to “ref” in appsheet.
  2. The “agents” table in airtable has columns “agent-name” and “agency-name”. These columns do appear in table structure of the adverts table in appsheet, but the values appear all BLANK.

Can you advise what needs to be done to retrieve values in appsheet for these columns from the linked table in airtable?

Thanks.

Same problem for me now in 2023.
Any solution somewhere ?

hey guys here is a solution i ve seen working finally for this...

You have a column in airtable as "link to another field" type , on her right you need to create another FORMULA column that usually i call " LINK TO ANOTHER FIELD COLUMN NAME + print (so in appsheet you ll know that's the actual recognized text 

On the formula column you just need to input the "link to another field" you want like so: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/b3mnjdgnubjq1q2ut32cz/Screenshot-2024-04-05-at-10.45.11-PM.png?rlkey=...

Let me know if it worked for you as well, ciao!

EDIT:

Actually I have just seen that this solution only works in case the we have a column that presents only ONE VALUE ,

In case the "link to another column" presents multiple values , the formula will PRINT a text, thus Appshit cannot interpret it as ENUMLIST or an ENUMN column type.

Any solution in 2024 ?

Top Labels in this Space