+Aleksi Alkio Consider my sheet structure a...

@Aleksi_Alkio

Consider my sheet structure as shown in the pic. A set of questions and its details, one set after another. The question will have Y/N and the other details are just text/images. I have already created the table and the corresponding forms in appsheet and they work flawlessly.

My question is about generating reports. I want to generate a report as a table form. With my current ability, I can simply list out the details of all sets in the tabular format as shown. What I want to do is to only show the sets for which my answer is โ€œNโ€.

If I use two ifs, one for Y and one for N (If it is Y, I will show nothing and if it is N, I will show the text), I would get a blank row right?. Is there a way to remove the blank rows?

Otherwise is there a way to

conditionally change the background for that row if the answer for the question is N?

Pics attached for reference.

0 1 293
1 REPLY 1

@Rajaah_Dhananjey, I would not structure the data this way. Instead, Iโ€™d have just four columns in the table and one row for each question.

Now this will make your life easier when it comes to reporting. You set up a slice that filters out the N answer rows.

Then your report can have a <Start:><> structure to loop over the contents of the slice and print them out in a table.

The report template will be compact and this design is better for the app logic as well.

Top Labels in this Space