+Aleksi Alkio I have a workflow that has sign...

@Aleksi_Alkio I have a workflow that has signature but in the email it only shows the link.

I need it to show the actual signature.

Is there something I can do to make this happen?

0 9 451
9 REPLIES 9

weird there is now strikethru in my response above that i did not put, and you canโ€™t see the hyphens.

So in the link above there are two hyphens after MrB before the 658760

@Lina_Osorio2

I would definitely eliminate the single hyphens and double hyphens at the start of your application names. The application name appears in the URL we are using to retrieve the signature file contents. I suspect that the leading hyphens are causing problems when we attempt to read the signature file.

If you are still having problems after eliminating the hyphens, please provide: 1. The account number 2. The app name 3. The workflow rules name 4. The exact steps to reproduce the problem.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

I changed the name of the APP removing the hyphens and still not getting the signature.

I think it has something to do with the location of the signature files in my Google drive versus what the link reads.

Tony Fader was helping with my long sync times and he told me it had to do with the app searching for the signature files.

Example signature link in the email is: https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=-FST--680272&TableName=Orders&fileName=Ord...

*Notice the hypen is still in the link above eventhough its not in the name anymore

But in gSheets the signature link shows as: Orders_Images/OfLDHHDB.Signature.102419.png

APP: FST Acct: r2rorders@r2rmedequip.com (GOOGLE) Account ID: 680272 Workflow name: Order Delivery Complete Send me your email and Iโ€™ll share the gsheet with you and sign you up as a user so you can see data via the security filters.

Exact steps, Part 1 go to DEL button; hit โ€˜+โ€™ ;

add Facility: Z Test Facility add Patient: Test Patient 1 add room: 111 add products: Aircare add requestors email: you will see your email, pick itโ€ฆ add FST delivery: R2R Rentals Save and Sync

Part 2 go to DEL button find Test Patient 1 in Z Test Facility, then click the edit button Click on AirCare in product section Valid Serial Number: select any from list Barcode: type in a number (any) Save Click Y to Equipment received in good working order Click Y to I know how to operate equipment Sign your signature in Signature field Print your name in โ€˜Print staffs Nameโ€™ Save & Sync

This will trigger the workflow for Orders Delivery Complete

@Lina_Osorio2

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh and when you click the signature url link in the email it does not bring up the signature. In my google drive all the signature files are in a folder called Orders_Images which is in the main My Drive folder (the same place that the Appsheet folder)

I would think the signature folder, Orders_Images would be found in My Drive>Appsheet>Data>FST-680272>Orders_Imagesโ€ฆ

But nope.

maybe itโ€™s pointing to the wrong place. Your help is greatly appreciated!

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

Works great!

Thank you!

@Lina_Osorio2

Glad to hear that it is working!

@Lina_Osorio2 @Aleksi_Alkio

Hi Lina,

This is occurring because you are specifying the email body as text.

When the Email template is text we simply insert the signature URL directly in the body.

You can fix the problem by creating a HTML body template file as follows.

1. Open the workflow rule in the Editor. 2. Click the โ€œCreateโ€ button following โ€œEmail Body Templateโ€. 3. Edit the resulting template file to make its format match your existing Email body. 4. Clear the existing inline Email body.

I did the following and it displayed the signature in both the email body and the email attachment.

1. I defined a table with a Signature field. 2. I added an email workflow rule that was triggered on update. 3. I allowed AppSheet to create a Body template that included the following line: Signature: <<[Signature]>>

where โ€œSignatureโ€ was the name of the signature field. 4.

I allowed AppSheet to create an Attachment template that included the following line: Signature: <<[Signature]>>

where โ€œSignatureโ€ was the name of the signature field. 5. You could achieve the same by defining the two templates manually. Simply include the signature field name. 6. I updated the record, entered a signature. AppSheet captured the signature and uploaded the resulting signature file to the server. The Signature field in my Google sheet contained the name of the captured signature file. 7. AppSheet fired the workflow rule and both the body and the attachment contains the signature displayed as an image.

If this does not work for you, please describe what you are doing in more detail.

So iโ€™ve done all the things you said, minus the attachement but the email shows the link not the signature.

Here are my details: 1. I defined my โ€˜Orderโ€™ table with a Signature field. 2. I added an email workflow rule called โ€˜Order Del Completeโ€™ that was triggered on updates and deletes. 3. I created an Email Body template within the workflow rule that included the following line: Signature: <<[Signature]>>

where โ€œSignatureโ€ was the name of the signature field.

I updated the record, entered a signature. AppSheet captured the signature and uploaded the resulting signature file to the server. The Signature field in my Google sheet contained the name of the captured signature file. 5. AppSheet fired the workflow rule and the body contains the LINK that connects it to the signature file

I just noticed what might be a problem.

My app is called Mr B

and the signature link has โ€˜-โ€™ here โ€ฆ?appName=MrBโ€“658760-680272.

Do you think the โ€˜โ€™ in my APP name is causing an issue because there are two โ€˜-โ€™ right next to each other?

Top Labels in this Space