Allow users to create shared database in schools

Hello,

I am very new to using Appsheet, and have read over much of the learning resources. I developed a Google Sheets template that allows schools to create a progress monitoring database, and keep their student information private on their own Google Drive.

My hope was to create an app that uses a districtโ€™s own Google Drive dataset (using the template) to track their student data in response to interventions.

Is this outside the scope of Appsheet, or can it adjust somehow to a new database created through the app for each org?

More simply put: can I create an app that lets users/orgs make their own data separate from other users?

Thank you!
-Angela

0 2 87
2 REPLIES 2

EIG

I donโ€™t know if this is exactly what you are looking for but lets see. I think you might look into data partitions.

Example app here: Partitioning

I suspect that you will have at least two obstacles to overcome with this though. First, you will need to make sure that all districts are using the same headings for each table. Second, you will need to come up with a secure way to determine which user belongs to which district so that you do not show the wrong data to someone that should not see that. The second part can be solved if they use different email addresses or if it is a small group of people, you can create another table to assign them to specific districts so that they can only see their districtโ€™s data.

Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space