An error occurred when I set the variable type to an enum in number

When I set values of enum to numbers such as 1 2 3 result in Google Sheet is '1 '2 '3 (there is an excess single quote symbol) but T1 T2 T3 is fine. Is this a bug? or I do something wrong?

0 6 268
6 REPLIES 6

Select the column in Google Sheets, then click Format>Number>Plain Text, and then add another value from AppSheet and see if that fixes it.

Canโ€™t solve the problem Get the same result.

Hmmโ€ฆ Iโ€™m not sure what else could cause it but Iโ€™ve seen the sheet formatting do this.

Maybe the validation dropdown in the sheet is causing it. You can set the validation in AppSheet, so you donโ€™t have to add it to each cell in the Google Sheet. Try removing validation from the sheet side, and use AppSheetโ€™s Valid_If setting.

Still having the same problem regardless of whether changing to Valid_If or removing the data validation in the Google Sheet. Anyway, Thank you for the answers.

May I ask whatโ€™s the real problem? What kinda harm youโ€™re experiencing with your appโ€™s flow with that apostrophe in the gSheet?

Thereโ€™s nothing wrong here. Numbers formatted as text is distinguished with an apostrophe in the gSheet so that itโ€™s treated as text, not number.

Top Labels in this Space