Any way to use AppSheet offline in s similar ...

Any way to use AppSheet offline in s similar way to Form Publisher, so I can edit a pdf for printing locally from Android? (without using email relay like Form Publisher).

Would also like help setting up Appsheet

• please let me know where I can find services for hire.

Thank you

0 9 1,364
9 REPLIES 9

Iโ€™m afraid the app wonโ€™t work offline in that way. You will need to send the workflow so you can have the pdf.

For helpingโ€ฆ please check www.appsheet.com/partners.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks for referalls.

None of my other options right now are completly offline, so I will still pursue finding a developer to help print to my Rongta RPP300 Thermal Printer - if anyone used this printer before please message me.

Thanks all

What is the main problem with this printer?

@Aleksi_Alkio Right now I am only testing AppSheet, not using it in the field.

I use Google Forms and Form Publisher, which emails form answers on a template that I can edit.

It comes as a pdf but I have to copy and paste the contents into the printer app to print.

The printer can print some pdfโ€™s but not what form publisher sends.

It can also print a webpage, and I could save the url from a webpage (so I could have an app submission refresh a webpage that I can easily load and print without laborious copy-pasting from my email app into printer app).

Another alternative is to have a pdf that I can open and print with the printer app - but only about 2

out of 10 pdfs seem to print and I donโ€™t know what qualities the pdf needs to work with the thermal printer.

All the pdfs I have managed to print the text was also too small to read.

Only printing by copy-pasting into the text field in printer app has worked so far.

I will attach a sample of what I am printing now.

Reducing the tediousness of what we are doing now would be great, adding things like logo and signature collecting would be fab.

Are you able to read the data from the body text?

The printer doesnโ€™t print the pdfs form publisher sends through email.

I donโ€™t have anything to try with Appsheet yet, it seems like a little harder to set up than Form Publisher.

There may also be a way to send data to the printer without using the app, but I do not have expertise in this.

The printer company does have English support through Skype.

I would hire a freelancer that could help us out - I didnโ€™t mind the copy-pasting but as we expand I would like the process to be more seamless.

@Aleksi_Alkio Specifically, do you mean can the printer receive the data?

I donโ€™t think the app ever really loads the form publisher pdf.

I donโ€™t know why it rejects it.

It is still a benefit, because we can fill out a form with all information needed for record keeping, however only part of this information is needed to print.

Form Publisher letโ€™s me edit the template so I can print only what we need to.

It looks like the printer has an SDK for custom programming - Iโ€™ll see if developing an app for the printer outside of AppSheet might be best for this specific use case.

Top Labels in this Space