Anyone else having issues with connecting Goo...

Anyone else having issues with connecting Google Forms to Appsheet?

1 18 462
18 REPLIES 18

Note, I tested this several times, but I got this error on a brand new form with one yes or no question on it.

Harry2

@Jack_Edwards Hi Jack, โ€œapp is not runnableโ€ usually indicates that there is a critical error in the app. I assume you were using the Google form add-on to create the app. Did you run into this error immediately after creating the app from the form? Could you check the app to see if there is any error in the app?

Harry2

@Jack_Edwards Hi Jack, could you double-check to see if the Google account that owns the form and the Google account that you use to log into AppSheet are the same account?

I was logged in a couple times, but I did confirm that the Form owner is also my Appsheet account

@Harry I can try and start a new form with the appsheet login ID Only if you think that will help.

Harry2

@Jack_Edwards Hi Jack, that wonโ€™t be necessary. I just wanted to confirm that the app was looking in the right account for the form. We are debugging this issue right now and weโ€™ll get back to you soon.

@Harry Thank you

@Jack_Edwards We just released a fix, however the broken app will probably still be in a bad state. The simplest way to proceed would probably be to make a new copy of the form and run the add-on again to generate a new app. If you do want to try to recover the first app you would need to find the UX Views that are pointing to the wrong data source and either change the data source in the view settings or delete the view (I found for the table view I could change the source, but the form view I had to delete it and then add a new one).

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet Thank youโ€ฆ I will re test with a new form shortly.

I appreciate you guys jumping on this.

@Harry @Adam_Stone_AppSheet Success!

Thank you both!

@Harry Correct.

I used the add-on, and this is the first thing that pops up on my screen after I hit the โ€œlaunchโ€ button

Harry2

@Jack_Edwards Hi Jack, if this was the first thing that occurred right after you created the app using the add-on, there might have been an error parsing the form. Could you give us more information about the form? Does it have any special settings?

Adding @Adam_Stone_AppSheet to investigate further.

@Harry It was literally one yes or no multiple choice question and a submit.

I have been able to recreate this several times if you need a new live example of it.

Harry2

@Jack_Edwards Hi Jack, it would really help if you could share a test form with us that can reproduce this error consistently. Thank you.

@Harry Here is a screen shot of a brand new form I just tried to launch in Appsheet via the Add-on.

What is the best way to share this with you?

Appsheet Error Sample

Here is the link to the Google Form Appsheet Error Sample

Harry2

@Jack_Edwards Thank you Jack. Weโ€™re looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

@Harry Really apprecaite it, let me know what other info I can supply you with.

Top Labels in this Space